Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Initial Post

Greetings! I've decided to open a blog, since the current crop of blogs seem to have a lack of condensed matter physicists. This will be part of my outreach activities, and I aim to have a steady rate of updates. What that rate is, however, needs to be determined.

I'm currently a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Oklahoma. We're doing work on the Rashba spin-orbit interaction in InSb quantum wells. With the University of Arkansas, we're also working on antiferroelectric ordering in chains of quantum well quantum dots (QWQDs). What this is, precisely, will be the topic of blog posts in the near future, starting from (close to) the ground up.

Do you have any questions you'd like to see addressed in this blog? A condensed matter bent is the topic of this blog, although it's a wide topic and I currently only am fluent with a small part. Basic physics questions are also welcome, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment